The Center for Innovative Public Health Research (CiPHR) respects the privacy of everyone who visits our website. Your online security is important to us. This policy is intended to help you understand the kinds of information we collect and how we use it.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register in a program that we offer or fill out a form on our website. In these cases, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number. You may also visit our site anonymously.
When you browse through any Web site, certain personal information about you can be collected. Our Web server software automatically collects and temporarily stores the following information about each visit for statistical purposes:
- the name of the domain you use to access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are using an America Online account, or stanford.edu, if you
are connecting from Stanford University’s domain)
- the date and time of the visit
- the pages visited
- the address of the Web site you came from when you came to visit
What do we use your information for?
We will only use information that you provide in ways that you consent to. This may include:
- Following up with you as a participant in a research study
- To ask for your feedback about a program
We also may use information you provide:
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To send periodic emails (if at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email)
Data collected automatically (e.g., domain name) will be used for statistical purposes and to help us make our site more useful to visitors. Unless it is specifically stated otherwise, no additional information will be collected about you.
Will you disclose information to other parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
What are cookies and how does you use them?
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly.
Are external links on your website safe?
The CiPHR website contains links to other websites used as references and/or resources for our visitors. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. CiPHR has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
How will my information be protected?
CiPHR maintains a secured area on their website for transmission and storage of your information. All data will be transmitted securely using SSL (TLS) 128 bit encryption across the Internet (HTTP).
You can review your personal information, ask to have it deleted, and refuse to allow any further collection or use of your information at any time by submitting a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone: 877-302-6858, ext. 801.
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: 555 N. El Camino Real #A347, San Clemente, CA 92672-6745
This policy was last modified on April 17, 2014.