Our vision is to promote positive human development through the creation and implementation of innovative and unique technology-based research and health education programs. Public health is ever evolving and so are we.
Recent Blog Posts
Online discussions about healthy sex help sexual minority guys find support. As we explored in a previous post, the Internet can be an important source of health information and social support for lesbian, gay, and bisexual (LGB) teens . Our recent study builds on this finding. We conducted online focus groups (i.e., message board discussions) […]
More Blog Posts
- Cyberbullying: 12 Things Every Parent Needs to Know - Yahoo! Tech
- Sexting in teens linked to more sexual activity, low self-esteem - Medical Xpress
- For TV And Online, Moderation Rules For Kids - Hartford Courant
- In-person friends combat bullies better than online friends - Reuters
- How kids’ screen-time guidelines came about — and how to enforce them - The Washington Post
- Podcast: Prevalence of adolescent sexual violence perpetration: New study and implications for prevention - PreventConnect
- Podcast: Sexual violence amongst teens and young adults - Rabble.ca
- Many teens admit to coercing others into sex - NPR News
- Forced sexual contact common among teens, study suggests - NBC News
- 1 in 10 young adults admits to sexual violence - US News
- One in ten adolescents commit some type of sexual violence - Bloomberg News
- A Randomized Controlled Trial to Increase HIV Preventive Information, Motivation, and Behavioral Skills in Ugandan Adolescents.
- Adolescent online romantic relationship initiation: Differences by sexual and gender identification
- Can clans protect adolescent players of massively multiplayer online games from violent behaviors?